Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here goes nothin'...

Sooo it's 2am. And I have MANY other things I should be doing. I'm not quite sure why I decided to start a blog. I'd like to say that I'd write in it a lot and that I'll utilize it often. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how realistic that is, but I'd like to try.

I chose the title to be "Journey of Faith, Hope and LOVE" because I think, truly, that's what all of our life journeys entail more or less. It's always a journey, always a search, always growing and learning. And in essence faith is all I truly want to strive for; it's who I have hope in. But practicing faith embraces LOVE. All love. God's love for you, me and others. For the world. It just kind of fit together nicely for a summary of all I'd like to say. The URL is "I have learned the secret" in reference to Philippians 4, saying that I have learned the secret to being content in every circumstance... I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. The mystery is out: Jesus came to ransom you and then He rose again. He chose you before the creation of the world and He desires to be close to you because He adores you! There's this free and gracious gift called salvation and even though you'd NEVER be able to afford it Christ is holding it right in front of you with open hands longing for you to accept it.

TOP 5 going through my head:

*I wish I would have cleaned my room/car
*I'm excited to see Matt this weekend
*I wish Liz Hollingsworth's blog wasn't private so I could read all about her life and know what's going on
*Is it weird that I'm totally excited to fill in my new [broken already :/] planner and update my iCal and sync my phone so my life is all laid out?
*I'm craving Oreo Creme Pie. RIGHT. now.

1 comment: